Review — Surprise me by Sophie Kinsella









This is one of my favorite Sophie Kinsella books ! It's a really sweet story that captures enduring love in the best way.
Surprise me ended up being deeper than I thought it would be. It's really hard to find likable chick lit heroines and I think it might be because we're literally inside their head and have access to all of their thoughts and let's be real no one would be likable if we could hear their thoughts but I actually really liked Sylvie's personality. She really grew throughout the book and I like how in the end the message was to embrace our vulnerability, it's normal to experience things a certain way and we shouldn't be ashamed of it or feel week or crazy because of it. The secondary characters were a great addition too, Toby and Tilda, the B story about Sylvie's job at a charity, all of these secondary plots were super interesting. Sophie remain the Queen of chicklit, her books are always hilarious and feature nice, likable characters and lots of HEART.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire