Review — Long Shot by Kennedy Ryan

Long Shot by Kennedy Ryan is a solid and beautifully written romance novel, that I would also classify as women's fiction. It's an epic forbidden love story, set in the NBA world between a rookie basketball player and a recent college grad aspiring to work in sport marketing. It was really refreshing to read a sport romance that's not about hockey, baseball or American football. Let me speak this into existence : I'd love more books about basketball and soccer players! 

I also enjoyed reading about two multiracial characters, it was an important part of the story not just there for the pretty (even though the pretty got a little bit ridiculous at some point : violet-blue eyes for real? lol). 

The forbidden aspect of this love story was really interesting as well, for once it's not about dating the little sister, daughter of, or a student/teacher thing, nothing is taboo about this love story it's all about circumstances and timing. When August and Iris met, they had an undeniable, tangible attraction, an instant and deep bond, but it happened a year too late. They could only have moments together, they could only hope for a future together. 
Long Shot is a very impactful read, I will never forget these characters and the important lessons they taught me throughout their journey. It was very difficult to read at times but I felt like the book spoke directly to me, challenged me, provoked me and in my opinion it doesn't matter if you've been in this situation, or if you think that you're too strong and independent to end up like Iris, one thing this book taught me is that we're all stronger than we think but abuse can happen to anyone . Women are taught to endure so much more than we should. This needs to change and I really felt like with long shop Kendall Ryan realized that she had a platform to reach many of us and have a positive influence and used it. With the sweet love of August and Iris she told us "This is how it should be and you all deserve of it.".

I would definitely recommend this book to every woman with a trigger warning due to graphic descriptions of rape, physical and emotional abuse.

4 stars 

Get it on Kindle Unlimited!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire