Review - Forbidden by Destiny by Negeen Papehn


Nothing is better than this feeling, when you read the first pages of a book and you just know it will consume you. 

I don't want to give anything away, because this book can stand alone but it's still part of a bigger arc. I think you won't be able to appreciate the depth of this story unless you've read the first book. You need to experience the love triangle between Sara, Maziar and Ben to truly get what is at stake when Leyla, Sara's best friend and Ben Sara's ex-boyfriend fall for each other. 

I for example felt my heart breaking for both Sara and Leyla because the author did an amazing job at portraying a meaningful, solid friendship between two girls in their twenties. I also could understand how conflicting the situation was for Leyla because of Negeen Papehn stellar character development. In theory the choice between a man and your closest girlfriend is easily made but I got Leyla, this was not just lust it was a once in a lifetime love, a love she never felt, a love she never dreamed of feeling. 

What I love the most about Papehn is the fact that you can tell that each of the books of this series is written with passion and that it's not just another book to sell to eager readers.He stories are never predictable, she writes about heavy subjects and it's not always easy to read but it's also never gratuitous, everything on her characters journeys happen for a reason. 

As a french girl whose parents are first generation of immigrants I felt truly connected to this cast of characters and their family dynamic. I'm not Iranian but I felt the story was authentic and resonated with my own experience. 

When I finished reading Forbidden by Destiny I became a fan of her work, I can't wait to get my copy of Forbidden by Time, the next book of the Forbidden Love series.

This is an arc I was generously offered in exchanged of a honest review but I want you guys to know that I loved it so much that I'm gonna buy my own copy on February 19th. 

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire