Review — The Real by Kate Stewart


 


I LOVE series, I'd rather be curled up on my couch in front of a good suspenseful netflix show than at the movies watching the latest blockbuster. That's how I feel I about books, I like getting attached to a good cast of characters and to follow their adventures books after books.

That being said I learned to appreciate standalones more this year. I love the fact that they're unique stories, that are probably very special for their authors. Sometimes they're even the story of their life, that one book they took years to develop and waited until the timing was right to share with us. That's how I felt reading The Real, like it was a truly special story for Kate Stewart and I'm so thankful she took that leap of faith in her readers and published it.

It's impossible to summarize this novel without spoiling it but I have to admit that not knowing anything while reading it was kind of frustrating at times. I knew that something big was coming but I didn't know what it was and when it would happen and it drove me NUTS.
Now that I've finished it, I have to say that the blurb is perfect and truly represent what this book is about. It's a beautiful stunningly written love story, you get to see all of the stages of Abbie and Cameron's relationship: their meet cute, their first dates, first kiss, first fight, their blossoming love, everything. 
I wouldn't call it a slow burn, it's the opposite in my opinion. It's not instalove, but the heroes are dating from the start of the book, albeit unconventionally. Their first kiss doesn't happen at like 60 %, so yeah I wouldn't say The Real is a slow burn, it's the story of a relationship told with a realistic blend of comedy and angst.

So we get to witness this blissful moments between Abbie and Cameron until of course a big twist happen to shake things up. I absolutely recommend that you don't read spoilers and trust the journey with this one. I'm glad that I didn't, I kind of guessed the twist at some point but I was still SHOOK when it was revealed and I think it's perfect this way because you HAVE TO go through the different stages, you have to fall in love with Abbie and Cameron as separate characters and as a couple. You have to swoooooon at their sweetness and envy the fuck out of Abbie to really "appreciate" that twist ! You have to through everything with both of these very intriguing characters to fully enjoy their story.

The Real convinced me to try Drive when I'll feel in bolder mood. If you enjoy a deep, passionate and emotional love story, if you don't mind not having to wait until the last pages for a first kiss, if you enjoy it when main couples don't spend the entire book fighting their feelings,  this book is for you. If it's not usually your cup of tea please give it a chance, this story is too bold and unique to miss.


The Real by Kate Stewart 
Ebook release date : 04/17/18 (No Preorders)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire